About Me

My photo
My display name says a lot, well at least till I bring home Effie and then I will have to change it to AdoptiveMomof5! I'm a single adoptive parent by choice. I work hard to balance my family and a full time career. My goal in life is to give my kids every chance they never would have had. They are so AMAZING!

Friday, May 8, 2015

Adopting Effie

This is my first time creating a blog so bear with me :) I'm going to start with my current journey which is working to bring "Effie" home. Effie is a beautiful little girl who is waiting in China. She was found abandoned at birth and is now 4 1/2 years old. She has always been in an orphanage.

I first found a baby picture of Effie online listed with an agency who was trying to find her forever family. A couple of weeks later I found a video on another agency's site of a 2 1/2 year old little girl that looked very familiar.... I contacted both agencies and found that it was the same little girl!


Effie has a Tessier facial cleft and a nose malformation which will require some significant surgeries. I see her beauty now, just as she is, and when I watched that video and and saw her determination, I was hooked!
 
This is my fourth adoption from China and my third of children with special needs. Because Effie has significant special needs, all of my paperwork must be turned in by mid June.

I already have preapproval from China and the homestudy is almost complete. The race is on!

No comments:

Post a Comment